|Work hours||Add information|
The Centreville High School Student Services Department is committed to providing a comprehensive and developmental program that advocates for equity, access, and success for every student. This program addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students in an accepting and safe environment. Through a partnership with students, families, school, and community, we inspire and empower students to be responsible and compassionate citizens as well as life-long learners who lead healthy and productive lives.
We, the school counselors and Career Center Specialist at CVHS, believe that:
• All students can learn, succeed, meet their goals, and achieve.
• All students have the right to a safe learning environment, where they are respected, have their needs met, and have equal access to opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and abilities.
• Professional School Counselors are committed to supporting students by advocating, engaging stakeholders, collaborating, evaluating programs, and supporting students’ social/emotional, developmental, and educational needs in a prevention-based program.
The counseling program at CVHS should:
• Serve the needs of the community, including students, parents, and the school.
• Support student potential and success in academic, career, and personal/social domains, including guiding and assisting students as they formulate their postsecondary plans.
• Provide student planning, responsive services, and system support to promote the development of skills necessary for all students to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
• Be planned and managed by counselors, the Career Center Specialist, the Director of Student Services, and the principal; the Student Services Department collaborates to deliver the school counseling program.
• Be evaluated by all stakeholders, including students, parents, teachers, administrators, the S