|About||Ciorba Group has been preliminary, design and construction engineering for highways, bridges and structures, municipal engineering, water resources and lighting for over 90 years.|
|Mission||Quality Engineering Services for the Community|
Ciorba Group traces its origins to a young engineer named D.J.L. Walther. In 1927, Mr. Walther began providing municipal and land development engineering services to Chicago’s North Shore communities. As the firm grew, Mr. Walther added staff and promoted individuals into associate positions.
In 1958, three of these associates — Nicholas Ciorba, Paul Spies, and Don Gustafson — bought the firm from Mr. Walther. They continued helping communities with their infrastructure needs. The firm was renamed in 1963 to Ciorba, Spies, Gustafson and Company. By this time, the firm had expanded its client base to include local governments and private clients throughout northern Illinois.
During the 1970s, the firm ventured into transportation and structural engineering for state agencies — such as the Illinois Department of Transportation and the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. When Mr. Spies and Mr. Gustafson retired in 1980, the company became Ciorba Group, Inc. A final link to the past was broken in 1981 with the death of Mr. Ciorba.
In the early 1980s, Ciorba Group moved away from land development to avoid conflicts with its growing number of municipal clients. Ciorba Group turned its attention to working solely with local, county, and state agencies. Today, Ciorba Group continues the tradition started by Mr. Walther of providing quality engineering services to local, county, and state agencies.