Aberdeen, Washington, City council meetings
2nd and 4th Wednesday 7:15 p.m.
3rd floor city hall
Policy regarding information posted by outside individuals
The City requires that, when the option exists, the ability for outside individuals to comment or respond be turned off so that information cannot be posted by outside individuals. However, in the event that such posts occur or that the feature cannot be turned off, the following applies:
1) The designated moderator is responsible for ensuring that the content posted by outside users is appropriate.
2) Posted content (including comments, photos and links) must be related to the topic(s) posted by the City to be considered appropriate.
3) Inappropriate and prohibited content subject to immediate removal from the site, includes content that:
• Is not topically related to the particular article being commented upon,
• Promotes or advertises commercial services, entities or products,
• Supports or opposes political candidates or ballot propositions,
• Is obscene, vulgar, offensive, threatening, harassing, sexual or profane,
• Discusses or encourages illegal activity,
• Promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital, military or veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law,
• Provides information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems,
• Violates a legal ownership interest of any other party; or anonymous posts, or
• Personal attacks of any kind.
4) Inappropriate content must be removed immediately and retained as required under the Public Records Act.