We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Read more…
Clearview High School

Clearview High School

4700 Broadway Ave, Lorain (OH), 44052, United States

Get Directions

(440) 233-6313

Categories
Work hours Add information
Description Clearview High School is a public high school located in Lorain, Ohio. It is part of the Clearview Local School District, one of five school districts serving the city of Lorain and all of Sheffield Township, Ohio. Clearview High School houses students in grades 9-12. Formerly, it was named Clearview Junior-Senior High School and housed students in grades 7-12. After a remodeling project across the district in the early 2000s, grades 7 and 8 moved to Durling Middle School, just northwest of the high school.Of the five school districts that reside wholly or partially within the city of Lorain, Clearview High School serves the second largest population of Lorain students, with Lorain High School being the largest. The other local school districts are Amherst, Firelands, Vermilion and Eyria. At one time Lorain City Schools wanted the Clearview students that lived in the Lorain city part of the Clearview Local School District.The school colors are royal blue and gold. The sports teams are known as the Clippers. The school's fight song is the fight song from Washington State University.CHS HistoryClearview High School was built in 1923 named Highland. It was 4-8th grades. The building consisted of six classrooms, two bathrooms, auditorium/gymnasium and an office. At this time Clearview (Highland) was part of the Sheffield Lake School District. In 1927 an addition of six more classrooms were added.The Clearview Local School District was formed by a petition of the Lorain County Board Of Education on April 9, 1928.In 1930 the name was changed to Clearview High School to reflect the new school district. Also that year the auditorium/gymnasium was remodeled and could seat 555 people. The school doubled in size by adding home ec, manual training and mechanical drawing rooms. A year later in 1931, the first graduating class of CHS with eleven graduates received their diploma.

Similar places nearby