The Cohasset Historical Society's mission is to collect, preserve, and present the history of Cohasset through acquisitions, exhibitions, research, events and programs on local and regional history.
Incorporated originally as an outgrowth of the Committee On Town History, the Cohasset Historical Society has been collecting, safeguarding and exhibiting artifacts relating to Cohasset's historic past since 1928. Headquartered at 106 S. Main St. in the town's original 1903 library, the Society operates two additional seasonal museums in the center of town. The ca. 1760 Bates Ship Chandlery houses our Maritime Museum and the 1810 Captain John Wilson House interprets life in Cohasset during the 1800s. Our society has a significant collection of clothing and textiles dating from the 1700’s throughout the mid 1900’s. The Society’s Helen Howes Vosoff collection of theatrical artifacts records the history of summer performing arts in Cohasset from its start in the 1800’s to its present day South Shore Music Circus.
106 S Main St, Cohasset (MA), 02025, United States