|Work hours||Add information|
|About||CommuniTEA is a mobile tea house that travels to neighbourhoods around our city — creating a “pop-up” town square where people come together as a community|
CommuniTEA Infusion is a mobile tea house that travels to neighbourhoods around our city — creating a “pop-up” town square where people come together, get to know each other and strengthen connections. In today’s fast-paced society, fewer people are connected to their communities in meaningful ways. CommuniTEA Infusion becomes a gathering place for people, creating opportunities for meaningful exchange.
People with disabilities are the key leaders of this initiative taking the role of community builders in Edmonton neighbourhoods. What happens at the events is as unique as every neighbourhood, from tea with naturally flowing conversation and music to tea while engaging in dialogue about an important topic that matters to their community. The nature of this initiative is such that it requires the contributions of community members to make it work. The essence of a CommuniTEA Infusion event is to give, connect and contribute.
- Host a 25-30 events annually in Edmonton neighbourhoods
- Provide part time employment opportunities for 5 people with disabilities and their allies who host events
- Break down barriers to community connecting
Spread awareness about the valuable contributions people with disabilities make in our communities
- People with disabilities become community builders, overturning negative stereotypes
- Strengthened relationships between neighbours
- Build community diversity, opening doors to participatory citizenship for all