|About||CEC is an environmental nonprofit focused on moving the Santa Barbara region away from fossil fuels and energy-intensive products. www.CECSB.org|
|Mission||CEC pioneers real life solutions in areas with the most impact on climate change. Our programs –including the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival – provide pathways to clean vehicles, solar energy, resilient food systems and reduction of single-use plastic.|
Since forming in 1970 in response to the oil spill off the Santa Barbara coast, CEC has led the Santa Barbara tri-county region — and at times California and the nation — in creative solutions to some of the toughest environmental problems. We are often referred to as a “think-and-do tank” — deeply analyzing a problem and then applying creative, real-world solutions to it.
CEC’s process for creating social change is:
1. Identify a critical community need,
2. Raise awareness about that need (often by setting a challenge goal for the community),
3. Push state and local government to change laws and regulations that affect the issue,
4. Take direct action ourselves toward that need, and
5. Spur the community to adopt new behaviors.
Charity Navigator Four Star Charity
Guidestar Platinum Participant
Beacon Award Program Champion