Corner High School is a four-year public high school in the Birmingham, Alabama suburb of Dora. It is one of fourteen high schools in the Jefferson County School System. School colors are black and gold, and the athletic teams are called the Yellowjackets. CHS competes in AHSAA Class 5A athletics.HistoryIn the northwest corner of Jefferson County, surrounded by Walker and Blount Counties, is a community called Corner. The first school at Corner opened in 1884 in a log building half a mile from where the present Corner School (K-8) building now stands. The first school was a one-room structure in which seven grades were taught by one teacher. In 1908, the building was destroyed by a tornado. In 1910, the school was moved to what is now the parking area at Corner School. In 1917, library service was established. Corner School had its first graduation in 1921 with seven members graduating.In 1922, the building was moved to the current Corner School site and a four-room tile wing was constructed. In 1923, Corner became an accredited high school. During 1927-28, the library, auditorium, and office were added to the four room wing. From 1941 to 1963, many changes were made. A high school gymnasium, additional classrooms at the elementary and a new lunchroom were constructed. During 1969-70, fire destroyed the home economics and agri-science buildings. In 1971, a new agriscience building was constructed, adding all new tools in excess of $10,000.00. In 1973, a new concession stand and press box were constructed in the football stadium. A new wing was added to the elementary school in 1974 and the first Special Education Class was begun in 1973. In January, 1976, construction was completed on a new building which housed the library and home economics department.