|Work hours||Add information|
|About||"To engender good governance through effective civil society and NGOs participation in Government Programmes."|
The Department of Civil Society and Non-Governmental Organization was created in March, 2012 by His Excellency the Governor of Cross River State to:
1. Mobilize Civil Society and NGOs in support of Government policies and programmes.
2. Mobilize resources, technical assistance and capacity building support for Civil Society and NGOs through partnership with Donor Agencies, State and Federal Government
3. Strengthen synergy among Development Partners and Government to ensure effective and efficient utilization of development resource
4. Assessment, accreditation and validation of all registered CSOs and NGOs operating in the State.
5. Build capacity of validated Civil Society and NGOs to be able to monitor Government programmes and capital projects towards the realization of an effective feedback framework
6. Coordination of all Activities of Donor Agencies working with Civil Society and NGOs in Cross River State.
7. Put in place a detailed Monitoring and Evaluation( M&E) system of all CSOs NGOs programmes and carry out routine Monitoring of implementations
8. Provides oversight to the formulation and implementation of policies aimed at attainment of the department’s mandate
9. Any other duties as, may be assigned by His Excellency, the Governor