Cudworth railway station was a railway station that served Cudworth, South Yorkshire, England.HistoryThe station was built by the North Midland Railway shortly after it opened in 1840. It was originally called Barnsley and is referred to in Allens Guide as Barnsley Station at Cudworth Bridge. - Omnibus to Barnsley 2½ miles on the left.Roughly 2mi further north, was the line's first crossing of the Barnsley Canal.In 1885 the station was extended with an extra platform for the Hull and Barnsley Railway, which passed through but was not connected to the Midland system until the next century.The station closed to passengers in 1968. In 1988 the line from Wath Road Junction to Cudworth was closed due to mining subsidence.Accidents and incidentsIn 1843 a North Midland Railway luggage train collided with the rear of a stationary train in fog. On 19 January 1905, once again in fog, a Midland Railway express passenger train overran signals and collided with a passenger train. Seven people were killed.