|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The Medical University of South Carolina has a proud tradition of training excellent surgeons. As alumni of the MUSC general surgery residency program you have been part of that tradition.|
The mission of the newly formed Curtis P. Artz MUSC Surgical Society is to provide a forum to:
- Cultivate an enduring relationship among the trainees, students and faculty of the Department of Surgery, past and present.
- Enrich, excite and instill pride in the MUSC Surgery Residency Program
- Facilitate networking and build camaraderie among alumni and faculty.
- Provide an avenue for dissemination of information and advancement of science.
- Promote growth of the Department of Surgery through communication, education and financial support.
Originally founded in 1964, the Curtis P. Artz MUSC Surgical Society is a member organization representing alumni of the MUSC surgery residency programs, fellows, and Department of Surgery faculty members. Curtis P. Artz (1915-1977) was a renowned trauma and burn surgeon who joined the faculty at the Medical
University of South Carolina in 1965. He served as professor and chairman of the Department of Surgery until his untimely death in 1977.
After an extended hiaturs, the Artz Society was reformed in 2010 with the goal of developing an engaged, supportive and proud group of surgical alumni.