|About||D & M Gompels is a local independent pharmacy serving the community. Our aim is to 'make life easier.'|
D & M Gompels is a local independent pharmacy serving the community. Our aim is to 'make life easier' through the provision of prescription medicines, advice, mobility, medical and healthcare products.
The pharmacy building is part of a Tudor house dating back to 1595, which was divided up in 1833 and designed for shop use. In 1858 the shop opened as a pharmacy for the first time and operated as such, under seven different ownerships until David and Mary Gompels purchased the pharmacy along with the shop next door in 1967.
Over the years the phamacy has been expanded and refitted. It has also seen their son Nicholas Gompels take over as the pharmacist in charge. However Gompels Pharmacy to this day still remains a traditonal family business committed to making life easier for all of its customers.