This is the official FB page for the DWP - giving news, updates and information. We're unable to respond to individual benefit enquiries via Facebook.
The Department for Work and Pensions exists to promote
opportunity and independence for all. We provide help to
individuals and support the country’s economic growth and
The Department helps individuals to achieve their potential through
employment, to provide for themselves, their children and their
future retirement. We work with others to combat poverty, both of
aspiration and outcome.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare and pension policy and is a key player in tackling child poverty. It is the biggest public service delivery department in the UK and serves over 20 million customers.
We encourage open, lively debate but the decision to publish comments received via this site remains at the discretion of DWP and Facebook:
Any comments that do receive a response will do so between 10am - 4pm Monday - Friday
When posting comments you should:
• respect other comments and individuals - comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
• be reasonably concise, and not spam the channel
• use English, unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
• stay on-topic, please don’t post messages that are unrelated to the topic of the web chat
You must not:
• reveal personal details, such as National Insurance number, private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
• use these channels to discuss or comment on individual benefit enquiries
• break the law, this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
• swear, make malicious or offensive comments
• incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics
• advertise commercial products and services, you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
• impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
• make comments which are party political in nature
We reserve the right to suspend comments and block participation at any time for any of the above.
Please note - we can’t accept any messages on these channels as notification of any change in cir