|About||The Department of Sport and Exercise Science is a community of over 700 students and 35 staff members providing teaching, learning & research opportunities at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the area of sport and exercise science.|
The Department of Sport and Exercise Science at Waterford Institute of Technology provides teaching, learning and research opportunities at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
We have a community of over 700 students and 35 staff members, making us the largest academic department in the area of health, sport and exercise science in the country. With 32 specialist staff, we have expertise in a wide variety of fields relevant to sport and exercise that can greatly enhance the student learning experience.
We offer students a broad range of undergraduate programmes in Recreation and Sport Management, Coaching and Sports Performance, and Exercise and Health Studies. These programmes span the sport and exercise science field, attracting students from all over Ireland.
- Bachelor of Business in Recreation & Sport Management
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Recreation & Sport Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Exercise & Health Studies
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Sports Coaching & Performance
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Health Promotion
- Higher Diploma (HDip) in Social, Personal & Health Education (SPHE)
- MA in Sports Psychology
- MA in Social, Personal and Health Education (SPHE)