|About||Authentic Diabetic footwear for those suffering from "DM" and those suffering from Spurs; Flat Foot ; Plantar Fasciitis etc|
|Mission||To create awareness about 'Diabetic foot' among the diabetic patients and to provide them with the best footwear suitable for their needs, which also includes footwear for Calcaneal Spurs; Flat Foot; Plantar Fasciitis, Arch Foot; and those suffering from Corns & Calluses|
The basic concept of a Diabetic shoe for a diabetic patient: : If the plantar pressure at a site of importance, such as a prominent metatarsal head (MTH), is reduced in a given condition, and the prescription shoe is worn consistently by the patient, then the clinical outcome may be improved.
Various studies and research have shown that if the sole of the shoe is made rigid and contoured (rather like a Dutch clog), together with the provision of an appropriate insole/ orthosis (custom attempt to alter the load distribution has been implemented) the plantar pressure reduces up to 50%.
Based on these studies, we, at DIAPRO, have developed a diabetic shoe that attributes to
1) providing room to accommodate deformity i.e. shoe with wide toe-box.
2) providing adequate depth to allow thick insoles/orthosis without putting pressure on the dorsum of the foot
3) reducing load at critical areas of focal pressure, such as MTHs.
4) transferring load from regions thought to be sensitive to regions- such as mid-metatarsal shaft area or the arch- that are able to accommodate more load.
5) changing the gait and the motion of the foot during walking by making
the shoe (sole) rigid.
Other attributes of our Diabetic Shoe
1) Upper made of pure leather- breathable & removes perspiration.
2) High toe-box for redistribution & load relief.
5) Low compression.
|Products||DIAPRO has started off these footwear models across some style categories & with prices range ranging from Rs 2300.00 to Rs 1980.00. However, considering the need of the diabetic patients from the general strata of the society, we are soon coming out with footwear models ranging from Rs 600 to Rs 1450.00, the basic designs and concept remaining the same.|