|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Medical risk management services for the commercial maritime industry.|
As emergency physicians, we understand the confusion and chaos that can ensue when medical risk is not proactively managed. This is especially challenging and unsettling when working in remote environments. We strive to keep your mariners and employees healthy, safe and productive throughout their careers while assisting your company in reducing direct and indirect medical costs and liability exposure.
Through decades of experience providing medical support to vessels at sea, and consulting as an expert in maritime claims, it became apparent to our co-founders that a new approach to medical support at sea was urgently needed.
After being approached by multiple vessel operators requesting our expertise, we founded Discovery Health, LLC in October 2016. We began providing services in January 2017. We provide medical support 24x7 and our office is open Monday through Friday 9am - 5pm.
SERVING THE MARITIME INDUSTRY
Discovery Health offers the most comprehensive and integrated suite of services designed to manage medical risk at sea. Using our depth and breadth of global experience, we will proactively manage the health and medical needs aboard your vessels.
Our services are targeted at high-risk segments of the maritime industry, including:
• Commercial Shipping and Towing, including Shipyards, Stevedoring and Remote Longshore Operations
• Fishing and Seafood Processing, including Commercial Fishing Vessels and Shoreside Processing
• Research, Ready Reserve, Private Vessels and Yachts
• Comprehensive Services
Discovery Health, LLC offers a comprehensive range of medical risk management support, including:
• 24×7 Physician consultation support with recommendations for consideration by the vessel Master or appointed Medical Officer
• Assistance with ship diversion and medical evacuation coordination
• Arrangement of air and ground ambulance transportation and medical escort services on commercial flights
• Arrangement of medical and dental appointments in po