|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate for Stratford on Avon constituency. Putting residents first & fighting for a Stratford on Avon that works for ALL|
This is the page for Dominic Skinner, Liberal Democrat candidate for Stratford North at the Warwickshire County Council elections 2017.
Dominic - chosen by the Lib Dems as their candidate for Stratford North - lives on Oakleigh Road, in the middle of the Stratford North division, with his fiancée Lily and two children, aged two and eight months. Dominic works as an architect and runs his own business locally.
‘I decided to put myself forward as a candidate because I want to see improvement and action in my local area. Like a lot of people I’m fed up with promises and no results. I’m coming from outside the local political system. I wasn’t even a member of a political party until recently but felt that someone had to break the mould of the typical councillor and bring a new voice to local politics. I aim to bring fresh ideas, get important local issues on the agenda and drive positive change for everyone in Stratford North!’
Dominic aims to focus on:
• Improving vital community facilities, care and support services for all.
• Implementing a clear action plan to solve the increasing strain on our roads and infrastructure.
• Championing more affordable homes for local people by developing a clear strategy for new housing in Stratford that respects our historic town, reduces the impact on existing residents and provides much needed housing for all.
• Supporting 16-18 year olds and their families with travel costs within Warwickshire.
• Working with local youth groups and residents under 25 to help revive Stratford as a town that welcomes and supports young people.