|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Sisters Julia Owens and Kaati Gaffney provide emotional and physical support to single moms and growing families during labor, birth and postpartum.|
Labor & Birth, Postpartum
Sisters, Julia and Kaati work in tandem offering nurturing balance and support for expecting parents and changing families
Julia Owens - 707/599-7919 email@example.com
Certified Breastfeeding consultant
3 children and 1 grandchild
Kaati Gaffney - 775/846–8238 Kaati1@sbcglobal.net
40 Years Experience/100+ births
Former Certified Childbirth Instructor - AAHCC (Bradley Method)
Homebirths ~ Birth Centers ~ Hospital
Labor & Birth Fee:
$0 to $500
Postpartum Services including
Breastfeeding Education & Support, new mommy emotional support, cleaning, laundry, errands, cloth-diapering
Cloth-diapering and Baby-wearing education
$15-$25 an hour
What is a Doula?
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
Why do you need a Doula?
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
A Birth Doula…
• Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
• Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
• Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
• Stays with the woman throughout the labor
• Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decision
• Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
• Helps protect the woman’s memory of the birth experience
• Assists the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level
Research evidence shows that the quality