Dr. Cullen Park, known for sponsorship reasons as Netwatch Cullen Park, is a GAA stadium in Carlow, County Carlow, Ireland. It is the home of the Carlow Gaelic football and hurling teams. It has a capacity of 21,000.HistoryThe ground's establishment was first mooted in 1935. Dr. Cullen Park was officially opened on 9 August 1936 by Patrick McNamee of the G.A.A. A total expenditure of £3,590 and 15 shillings was accounted for at the first audit. This sum included the purchase of the land.Dr. Cullen Park was officially opened on Sunday 9 August 1936. It was named in honour of Dr. Matthew Cullen (Catholic Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin 1927–36) who had died on 2 January 1936. The late Bishop was honoured as "a great churchman, a true-hearted gael and a patriotic Irishman". Thomas Ryan President of County Carlow GAA presided at the ceremony. Padraig McNamee, President of the Ulster Council of the GAA represented the President of the Association. A number of local dignitaries also attended including James Reddy, who was the County Secretary during the early 1898–1890 period.By the 1960s Dr. Cullen Park still lacked a stand. However, it did have a fine playing pitch newly fenced, to prevent encroachment by spectators. The park was also equipped with good dressing rooms, hot and cold water and showers, a referee's dressing room and board rooms.