* meeting at : Hoeryong stn(회룡역),line1,xt3,11AM
Hiking Leader : Kyeongmin (Mary)
Can you feel the warm breeze? yes it's spring here!
We will hike to Dobongsan which is one of the 16 "Best Mountains" in Korea.
Seoul,Korea is apparently the only few capital cities in the world that you can enjoy the real hiking in the mountains with the historical remains and forest of buildings.
In korea, there are maybe hundreds of mountains and some designated as a top 100, among them , there are 16 mountains so-call "best mountains"
Dobongsan is the one of the mountain to be "best mountain in korea" in Seoul,
Please,don't miss it!
[♣ 16 best mountains in Korea]
What we called "best mountains" in korea ia around 16 mountains which keeps the conditions below
1."best mountains" should have a 2~4km long trails to the point where the descending starts and the trails should be together with beautiful streams and trees,so good to walk. so as a result, there are some historical remains or big temples at the nice mountain.
2."best mountains" should have a tall peaks
to command a stunning view without obstacles around the peak over 800 meter high.
3, "best mountain" should have the hiking trails should have diverse trails,easy,steep,rough,stairs and deep forest,etc
4, "best mountains" should have a waterfall and you can cool off the heat from the hiking.
[♣ Hiking information]
- we start to walk all the way from northern part to southern part of Dobongsan.
- this trail have very scenic path. beautiful temple, Yvalley, Jaunbong peak,Obong(5rocks) peak, Yeoseong(women) Peak!
- 6~7 hours/12~14km ,including time to have snacks and lunch and some break for taking pictures
Starts)hoeryong exit2 -> hoeryong temple -> Sapaesan -> ridges of Sapaesan -> Podae ridges ->lunch -> Y valley(steep valley shaped like Y,detour route available)
-> Sinseondae(main top),Jaunbong -> ridges of Dobongsan -> O-bong(peak)-> Yeoseong bong(women peak) -> Song-chu resort,take bus to BulGwang station.line3
. There are several short-cut trails to finish early from every peaks depending on physical conditions.
[♣ Prepared with : ]
Pack for a day, 20 liter,eastpak sized bag
- comfortable shoes for walking,hiking shoes are preferable, thick bottom socks
- a bottle of water(500ml*2 + juicy fruits)
- snacks for lunch on the trail,trail mix
- camera,open mind to enjoy hiking and
- extra layer of clothes~! to change after the hike.
[♣ HOW TO JOIN]
1)SERIOUSLY! NO RSVPed may not be allowed to join~!
* NOTE: If you want to bring a friend, please let him/her JOIN AND READ this event page and RSVP.So not to make them strangers on this event!
친구를 데려올때는 친구도 똑같이 가입하고 RSVP 예스 후에 올 수 있습니다.
2) Fee 10000(10K)won for anyone
- this 10Kwon can be used as a trip voucher whenever join future weekend trip which needs to charter a bus , book accomodation,
Please remember the date of the event, name of the mountain
- this 10Kwon also can be transferable to your friends.(give it as a gift, let friends know the date+name of place+your name)
-Please prepare 10Kwon in cash only on the day! Thank you so much!
CHECK OUT ALL THE UPCOMING TRIPS AND EVENTS!
♥ More about hiking and group
Let's walk and hike up some mountains and other nice places in and around Seoul.
Not only will you gain physical benefits from hiking, but you will be able to enjoy beautiful views, discover the real Seoul, meet new and friendly people, and you will discover that you can be happier~!
Not only will you benefit your body, but your mind as well.
- See the real world closely.
- Breathe naturally and relaxing on your mind.
- Gain a balance of your body and mind.
- Ready for peaceful soul
Walking has many diverse advantages towards your emotions and imagination as well as to your mind. Most people only think about the physical benefits of walking and running. However, we need to walk in order to rid ourselves of stress, gain peace of mind, and be able to see the real society closely. Walking is the best way to gain balance in life. Drinking can easily relax you, but that can fade quickly. Walking is a kind of way to meditate and finding yourself.
- There are several different types of walking.
Walk the road that you have never walked before.
Walk the road that you walk almost every day.
Walk the road that you've walked a long time ago, so that you feel at ease.
Walk the road that is not crowded, such as a field at rural cities.
Walk the road that is very crowded and see unexpected and diverse things.
Walk the road in the mountains, so that you can experience the effects of elevations,wonderful fresh air,gorgeous trees,forest,flowers,leaves,birds,stones.
Walk long or short distances.
Walk fast or leisurely.
Walk wide roads together with friends and enjoy talking.
Walk narrow paths alone.
We are all human travelers in this same space and time of our lives~!