This is a continuation workshop, a deeper study of modern and pointed-pen calligraphy. If you've ever wondered the science of modern calligraphy, this is the class for you.
In this intermediate class, we will work on advanced drills, get comfortable with connecting letters, explore and dissect different styles of modern calligraphy, and make a final project and at the same time we will be exploring different types of nibs and different types paper suitable for calligraphy.
By the end of the course, you'll feel more comfortable with letters, connecting them and able to start creating you modern style.
This class is kept small (10-12 students) to ensure a more personal instruction.
- 2.5 hours of hands-on instruction and guide
- 3 different nibs
- a pack of 3 different types of paper for calligraphy
- Hand-turned Wooden Oblique Pen Holder (Pen by Traveling Calligrapher)
- Glass bottle of Sumi Black Ink
- Light Snacks and Refreshments
WHAT TO BRING:
Nothing but yourself! But if you want, you may bring your favorite calligraphy supplies.
SUGGESTED MATERIALS (NOT NECESSARY):
- Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy Book
- Any calligraphy book to reference
*registration is limited, an advanced payment is required to secure the workshop.
*travel and accommodations not included.
*This class is an intermediate level course catered to students who have taken a beginner's calligraphy class or have been practicing with pointed-pen for sometime.