Anjarle is a Village in Ratnagiri District is one of the popular breeding sites of Olive Ridley Turtles, which visit anjarle every year & lay their eggs. The Turtle festival is annually organized by Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra & Kasav Mitra Mandal in March & April Months.
To watch baby turtles coming out of eggs & crawling on sand, heading towards the sea is a lifetime & beautiful experience.
Kadyavarcha Ganpati: This temple was originally constructed using wooden pillars in 1150. The idol is right trunked which has commanding view of Suvarndurga Fort, Arabian Sea and surrounding hills
Suvarndurg: It is built by Shivaji Maharaj in 1660 for defense purposes, it also had ship building facility. The fort is fortified with many bastions, which also have small built in rooms
Kanakdurg is approached through flight of steps. The fort has few water tanks, two bastions one at each end and a light house on elevated ground.
· On 13th April, 10.00 pm at Borivali Railway Station AC 700 Bus Stop
· 11.00 pm Nahur (E) Railway Bridge near Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM
· Reach Anjarle at 6:30 am. Visit Anjarle beach for baby turtle sighting*
· Freshen up and proceed to visit Suvarndurg and Kanakdurg
· Post lunch again proceed to anjarle beach for sighting of turtle hatching
· On 14th April, early morning, visit beach for sighting of turtle hatching
· After breakfast, leave for Kadyavarcha Ganpati Temple
· Enjoy our lunch at Dapoli
· Start our return journey to Mumbai after lunch
· Reach borivali at around 10 pm
* Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process; Aasamant won’t be held responsible for low or no hatchings
Tour Fees: Rs 3300/- (Home stay (Dormitory style), Simple Veg. Meals**, Boat fee for Suvarndurg & Dolphin Safari & Travel by A/C Bus)
**Non Veg food available at extra cost
Excluded - Water Sports Fee & Mineral water
For enrollment contact us:
Akshay Mulye: 9819212975