BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL >> http://bit.ly/LouiseThurtell
Join Louise Thurtell as she reveals publishing secrets based on over 25 years of experience, including as a publisher at Allen and Unwin.
Louise will discuss each step of the publishing process, from submission to publication.
Maximise your chances of securing a publishing deal with tools and information about:
- How submitting to publishers actually works;
- What publishers look for—and what they don’t want;
- Craft tips to make your writing shine;
- The secrets of the acquisitions meeting;
- Who will work on your book, from product to publicity; and
- An opportunity for feedback on your writing.
Note: One on one feedback sessions are available for purchase. These will include feedback on a cover letter, synopsis and first 2,000 words of a manuscript.
About the Tutor
Louise Thurtell has worked in publishing for over 25 years, most recently at Allen & Unwin, where she was recruited to start her own commercial fiction and non-fiction imprint, Arena. As the publisher of Arena, Louise set up Friday Pitch, which was the first electronic pitch system in Australian book publishing. She is a past recipient of the Beatrice Davis Editorial Fellowship.