The Adirondack Nonprofit Business Council (ANBC) is hosting it's Annual Symposium on the topic of - The Art of the Ask: A Partnership between Staff and Volunteer Board Members.
Nonprofit staff, volunteers and board members are encouraged to attend this event to hear from speaker, Abbie von Schlegell. Registration and breakfast will begin at 7:30 am. Program begins at 8:15 am.
Abbie will be speaking on the following topics:
· An overview of non-profit governance and responsibilities, especially as related to philanthropic endeavors to sustain services to the community
· Emphasis on philanthropy over just ‘fund-raising’
· What donors are looking for in their giving; what are their expectations and desired return.
· The need to develop a collaborative partnership between board members and staff
· The need to develop long-term relationships to sustain donations
· And anticipated challenges for non-profits when seeking financial and in-kind donations with strategies for overcoming those challenges
For more information on our speaker, visit the registration page.
$25 for ARCC Members; $35 for Not-Yet Members
Thank you to our sponsor Glens Falls Hospital