Adventure Geek invites you for a night trek to Anjaneri, a beautiful fort birthplace of Lord Hanuman, a temple on top and the Anjani Mata Mandir on the way, let's climb to the top and sleep under millions of stars and if you are lucky you'd experience meteor showers and milky way as well. With cold winds and a warm campfire to keep us constant company, be prepared for some fun-filled experience and ready your camera for surreal landscapes that will mesmerize you.
Date:- 7-8th April'18
Type: Hill Forts
Height: 4200 ft
Fort Range: Triyambakeshwar
Endurance - 2 / 5
Anjaneri Fort :
The fort of Anjaneri, being the birthplace of lord ‘Hanuman’, has a great historical importance. Lord Hanuman was a son of Maharaj 'Keshari' and ‘Anjanimata’ also known the son of ‘Pavan Dev’ (the wind), and hence the fort is called as ‘Anjaneri’. Anjaneri is one of the important forts in the ranges of Trimbyakeshwar near Nashik.
The temple of ‘Anjani Mata’, a big marvelous temple devoted to the mother of Lord Hanuman, is another attraction. The temple is quite big. It is a proper place to accommodate on the fort.
● On the way from Anjaneri village to the fort, some carvings can be seen in the caves near the steps. These caves have been carved out people from Jain religion.
● The temple of ‘Anjani Mata’. The temple is quite huge.
● At a certain distance from this temple is ‘Seeta cave’. This cave is made up of two rooms and there are many carvings inside the cave.
● Addition to this we have a citadel, where one more temple of ‘Anjani Mata’ can be seen.
● Lake shaped like the footprint of Lord Hanuman
The itinerary for the tour will be as follows:
We’ll be boarding the below train from our nearest local station and travel till Kasara by taking Kasara local train starting from CST at 6:25 PM on Saturday.
People can get the same local from their respected stations. We generally get into the second bogey from CST side.
Timings are given below:
Mumbai_CST 6:25 pm
Byculla 6:33 pm
Dadar 6:40 pm
Kurla 6:47 pm
Ghatkopar 6:51 pm
Mulund 7:03 pm
Thane 7:07 pm
Dombivili 7:19 pm
Kalyan 7:28 pm
Asangaon 8:02 pm
Kasara 8:39 pm
An itinerary is as follows:
• Meeting point and gathering at Kasara station.
• Dinner during the journey - TTMM ( not included in the cost )
• We will be providing tea/coffee.
• Travel to the base village by local jeeps and reach by 12:30am.
• Start trekking after an introduction round.
• Reach the top by 2.30 am, set up a campfire, play games, gaze the stars or rest.
• Wake up call at 6.00 am, explore the place, click some photos & selfies
• Have breakfast.
• Start Descend by 7.30 am and reach the base village by 9.30 am.
• Visit Hanuman temple at the base village and start the return journey.
• Reach Kasara by 11.30 am.
• Reach Mumbai by 1.30 - 2.30 pm tentatively.
The charges of the trek will be Rs 950/- per head which includes:
1. Travelling from Kasara to Kasara.
3. Expertise Charges.
4. Tea/coffee and refreshments.
Registrations are only through phone calls OR WhatsApp.
To Register Call:
Vinay Gupta - 9004675388
Name of the account: Vinay K Gupta
Account no: 319102010805655 (Saving)
IFSC code: ubin0531910
Bank name: Union Bank of India
Bank Address: Princess street Branch, Mumbai.
Please send transaction receipt once the transfer is done.
* If the call goes unattended drop a message along with your name and event we will get back to you.
*Registration will be accepted ONLY through Phone Call/SMS or WhatsApp.
Things To Be carried:
• TORCH with extra batteries (very important).
• Small plate and a spoon/fork MANDATORY.
• Identity proof (must)
• Sleeping bag or Mat to rest.
• Wear clothes that are comfortable and allows free movement of the body.
• Some ready to eat food like plum cakes, biscuits, chips, etc.
• Water (at least 3 Ltrs.)
• Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
• A good trekking shoes or floaters.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried.
Please do not carry Jholas.
Please avoid wearing Jewellery.
No Smoking, tobacco, and alcohol.
Be a group - it's not a race.
NO littering please, we are educated right?! :)
The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained.
Note - Please understand this ain’t a picnic, all trekking and adventure activities demand fitness.
We request you to get a medical fitness check done before you participate in any such events. If you are suffering from any allergy, carry proper medications and inform your trek leaders about it. Also make sure you have a sufficient supply of medication for your trip, building in an allowance for any travel delay. Those with Active Chest and Heart diseases that limit physical activity should not go to high altitudes.