M.O.S.T. (Mostly Over Sixty Theatre) presents
Laughter is the Best Medicine
A series of one act plays and sketches (descriptions below)
April 13, 14, 15 & 20, 21, 22
Friday and Saturday at 8:00 pm
Sundays at 2:00 pm
Barrage from the Garage
- For weeks, Marcia Sampson has been encouraging her husband Wendell to clean out the garage. He
finally agrees to it. But he’s not excited about the job. Because he knows there’s something out there besides
rusty tools, discarded toys, and boxes of old shoes and rags. And he will have to come to terms with it.
- There has been an assault involving a chicken in a supermarket, and our drama takes place in a
courtroom. The judge is cranky, the bailiff is snippy, the other two characters are annoyed, and there is a lot of
trouble with mispronunciation of names. This finally send the judge over the edge.
Who Shot Fred?
- A murder has happened in the library of The Moon Over Poughkeepsie Hotel. A gunshot was heard,
the sound of running feet, a door opening, and the lights come up to the dead body of Fred. Who done it? Miss
Amanda Nutmeg comes in to solve the mystery. See if you can beat her to the punch.
- In a doctor’s waiting room we have five women, one of whom is habitually cantankerous. This is a
spoof of pharmaceuticals with bizarre side effects, together with an account of disasters after breaking an e-mail
chain letter, and a mysterious stranger who answers a phone that never rings.
- Two lady friends meet in the lobby of an upscale hotel where a wedding, as well as a convention is
going on. Strange things are happening at the hotel. Could one of them be the cause? And if so, which one?
- Yes, he is back with his crazy solutions to the crazy illnesses that his patients come in with. We will
again invite the audience to join in the fun. We will ask for volunteers during the intermission to take their
symptoms to the good doctor. Fun will be had by all as you get to go to the doctor’s office.