Recent climate change and development has put the Himalayan range and its ecosystem at great risk. Come be a part of a discussion with professors Maharaj Pandit and Trevor Price on the natural history of the range, the people’s connection with the mountains, and what climate change means for the Himalayas. Prof. Pandit is the author of the book “Life in the Himalaya: An Ecosystem at Risk” and Prof. Price is a professor of ecology and evolution at the University of Chicago.
Please register at http://bit.ly/2kjUQCY.
• Please carry a valid photo identification in original with you for entry.
• The American Center is a two-minute walk from the Barakhamba Road Metro Station.
• Mobile phones are allowed within the American Center.
• Please DO NOT BRING laptops, tablets or power banks into the building; these CANNOT be stored at the security station.
• For security reasons, photography through mobile phones or any other devices is prohibited.
• American Center does not provide parking on its premises.
• Media planning to cover events at the American Center are requested to notify the Embassy's Press Office in advance at +91 11 2419 8814.
• All visitors may be featured in photos or video to be used for promotional purposes or on social media by the American Center or the U.S. Embassy.