Join us for a re-enactment spectacular at the Caerleon Amphitheatre on 2-3 June.
2000 years ago the Roman army were the greatest fighting force on earth - sweeping across the map with their state of the art weapons, armour, artillery and cavalry. Come and witness the spectacle of the army in action and have a taste of life in this far flung corner of the mighty Roman Empire.
Your ticket price includes all of the following items – it’s the perfect way to spend a Roman day for the whole family in Caerleon:
• Two shows in the amphitheatre:
Military Muscle - marching soldiers, artillery and horse cavalry displays and Birds of Prey – nature’s hunters in action with Black Mountains Falconry.
• Talk to our trader about the exotic goods he brings from faraway lands.
• Visit our doctor – he’s at the cutting edge of medicine. Yikes!
• Follow the latest fashion with a new Roman hairstyle, or get a fake wound to impress your friends with your battle scars.
• Meet the Gladiators – the premier league sportsmen of their day.
• Sign your little soldiers up for a marching session with the ‘Junior Legion’
• Find about more about the science behind the re-enactment from our Archaeologists.
• ‘Have a go’ archery – try your hand at this ancient sport.
• Make your own Mini Roman Mosaic to take home.
Food and drink will be available to purchase at the event.
Price: Adults £8, Children (under16) £6, Family ticket £25 (2 adults + 2 children)
Suitable for children age 4+ free infants tickets available for under 2’s
ALL TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE
Tickets are non-refundable and may not be exchanged for an alternative date or event.