Katrina Kennedy, known locally as the “trainer’s trainer,” has designed ATD Sacramento's fundamentals program for trainers who want to have a strong foundation in the art and science of training. Past participants have said:
Absolutely superb class from start to finish!
Katrina sets a high standard for interactive, engaging, quality instruction, development, materials, fun and especially modeling what's being taught. Essential for Train the Trainer classes.
Katrina is back to provide this popular program in 2018. This low-cost, high value program fills early. Don’t put off submitting your registration.
What’s in it for you?
Have you been asked to create training? Are you overwhelmed thinking about where to begin? If you’ve wondered how to choose activities, how to decide what to include in training, or how to evaluate your results, this course is for you.
You’ll complete a training design template that doubles as your course outline. You’ll determine which methods help learners retain and transfer information to the workplace. You’ll explore more than forty activities to engage learners in a meaningful way. You’ll practice facilitating learning modules and asking effective questions.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use a systematic approach to designing training
- Assess the need for training
- Identify when training is not the appropriate performance solution
- Design effective training programs
- Select from over forty engaging, interactive training methods
- Create training visuals, materials, and resource
- Use design principles for learning transfer
- Facilitate engaging training
- Deal with difficult situations during training
- Evaluate training program success
- Format and Intended Audience
The course is appropriate for new trainers, training professionals looking for a “recharge” and has been attended by many who have had years of experience in training and development. Many enter the training field with no formal training and use this series to attain a formal introduction to training and development principles, tools, and techniques.
The internationally recognized ATD (Association of Talent Development) Competency Model and the ADDIE Model have been used to design this high quality, value-driven event for Learning and Development (L&D) professionals wishing to upgrade their skills in assessment, design, development, delivery, and evaluation.