TalkTools workshops teach you innovative speech & feeding techniques that can be used the very next day.
"OPT: Clinical Implications for Tongue Thrust and Lisps"
PRESENTER: Robyn Merkel Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 0.6 ASHA/AOTA CEUs
$165 Early Bird Rate - until 3/5/18
$205 Standard Rate - 3/6/18 to 4/20/18
$225 Late Registration - 4/21/18 to day of
Robyn’s SMILE Program (SysteMatic Intervention for Lingual Elevation) is an effective way to help children remediate articulation errors including persistent lisps, interdentalized productions of t-d-l-n, and distortions of sh-ch-r.
The program targets the root of the speech problem which is often a tongue thrust disorder. Robyn discovered in a school-based setting that by combining oral placement, swallowing and articulation therapies progress rates improved.
This one-day seminar addresses children ages 3 and up, who present with persistent articulation errors secondary to a Tongue Thrust Disorder.
1. Diagnose myofunctional disorders based on oral placement skills/swallowing skills/articulation skills.
2. List defining characteristics of a myofunctional disorder.
3. Determine if oral-motor prerequisite skills are intact in order to initiate myofunctional therapy techniques (Jaw-structure-tone).
4. Measure treatment outcomes throughout the therapeutic process.
5. Combine oral placement, swallowing and articulation therapy techniques for those children who present myofunctional disorders.
6. Implement at least ten exercises for a tongue thrust program.
Learn more & sign up on the TalkTools website!