Ride Distance – 1600 KMS (approx)
Northern Thailand shares borders with Myanmar and Laos, as well as with the Central Plains and Isaan. Surrounded by the tallest mountains in Thailand, Northern Thailand is cooler than the rest of the usually sweltering country and thus particularly popular in December and January. In the mountains at night temperatures occasionally dip below freezing, although in the plains the daily average is rarely less than 25 Centigrade. Culturally, Northern Thailand shows heavy influences from the neighbouring cultures of Myanmar and Yunnan (China). The kingdoms of Lanna (centred at Chiang Mai) and Sukhothai were the first historical Thai nations. The people of Northern Thailand speak their own dialect of Thai called Kham Meaung or Kham Muang, however standard Thai is widely understood. In addition, the hill tribes speak their own languages. Here and there, especially at temples, you may spot signs written in a curious rounded script that looks more like Burmese than Thai. This is Lanna, the ancient script of the Lanna kingdom, and while very few people can read or write it anymore, it's still popular in ceremonial usage.
There are thousands out there who tell you about their Thailand trip, and it is mostly Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket.... Very few go deeper to explore the rich Thai culture and tradition. The untouched culture and tradition which transcends the virgin beauty nature has to offer. This year we will ride to one such place on a road trip!!!!
We will Ride through the majestic and mesmerizing Northern Thailand. 10 days of pure bliss as your cover the world-famous Mae Hong Son Loop & Golden Triangle Loop. The thrill of riding bikes will ensure to change your dreams into reality. Riding through the beautiful Mae Hong Son Mountains we explore innumerable waterfalls, hot water springs, limestone caves, Elephant Camps, beautifully built temples and most importantly rich Thai culture and tradition in the company of innocent and calm people of Northern Thailand.
Riding on this 10 days adventure, it is going to be a one of a kind experience!
Date Route Overnight
29-Sep-18 ARRIVE AT CHIANG MAI CHIANG MAI
30-Sep-18 CHIANG MAI - MAE CHAEM MAE CHAEM
01-Oct-18 MAE CHAEM TO MAE HONG SON MAE HONG SON
02-Oct-18 MAE HONG SON TO PAI PAI
03-Oct-18 PAI TO CHIANG DAO CHIANG DAO
04-Oct-18 CHIANG DAO TO CHIANG RAI CHIANG RAI
05-Oct-18 CHIANG RAI TO GOLDEN TRIANGLE CHIANG RAI
06-Oct-18 CHIANG RAI TO NAN NAN
07-Oct-18 NAN TO CHIANG MAI CHIANG MAI
08-Nov-17 CHIANG MAI DEPARTURE
RIDE COST: Rs.57, 000 PER PERSON
Note: Carry some additional cash (in THAI BAHTS only).
THIS FARE INCLUDES
• Hotel Accommodations (29th Sept – 9th Oct) and Breakfast (30th Sept – 08th Oct)
• Ride Marshalling and Planning
• Back Up Vehicle
• First Aid Assistance
• 300 cc bike for the ride
• Mechanic Support
THIS FARE DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Flight/Train/Bus fare to and fro from origin to destination.
• Fuel for the bikes.
• Damages for the hired bikes.
• Lunch, Dinner, Mineral Water, Snacks, Coffee/Tea etc.
• Entry tickets, Camera charges etc. in sight seeing places.
• Required PERMITS. (Has to be done by individual)
• Other than mentioned in INCLUDES.
• Ride in ‘NORTHERN THAILAND’ IS LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS AND STRICTLY FOR RIDERS ONLY.
• FOR REGISTRATION KINDLY SEND A MAIL TO email@example.com
• REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED ONCE THE CLUB HAS 20 CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS. HENCE, REGISTRATION WILL BE STRICTLY ON ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE’ BASIS.
• CONFIRMED & AVAILABLE SLOTS WILL BE UPDATED ON BMC FB PAGE & FB GROUP UNTIL CLUB CONCLUDES THE REGISTRATION.
• WAITLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIDE VIA EMAIL; CONFIRMATION IS BASED ON CANCELATIONS ONLY.
• BMC CLUB HOLDS THE RIGHTS FOR FINAL DECISIONS.
Ride Registration Fee / 1st Payment – Rs 20,000 to confirm your participation for the ride on/before 25th April 2018
2nd Payment – Rs 22,000 on/before 10th June 2018
Final Payment / 3rd Payment – Rs 15,000 equivalent in THAI BAHTS on 29th September 2018
• Participation will be confirmed strictly only on receipt of Ride registration fee.
• No cancellation entertained. If there are any unforeseen circumstances, then cancellation will attract 18% of total ride cost.
• Bank details for NEFT payments towards the ride can be shared only if the participant has sent mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
VISA, IDP, INSURANCE & OTHER PERMITS
• Visa to be applied by the individual once the return tickets have been booked from their respective origin
• International Driving License (IDP) to be applied by the individual once the visa is confirmed
• Travel Insurance is mandate for the ride. Kindly get one before the ride.
• Kindly go through this link for detailed visa information https://www.bankbazaar.com/visa/thailand-visa-for-indians.html
• Kindly go through this link for detailed information on IDP https://www.bankbazaar.com/driving-licence/international-driving-permit.html
• PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ACCEPTABLE TO THE CHANGES IN ITINERARY IF REQUIRED DUE TO ROAD OR CLIMATIC CONDITIONS. ALL DECISIONS BY THE CLUB AND OUR LOGISTICS PARTNER WILL BE FINAL.
• Stay will be in Hotels/Guesthouses/Tents.
• All rooms/tents will be 2 to 4 bedded (Strictly on room sharing basis).
• We will have a Backup vehicle, Local Mechanic throughout our ride. However participants should be prepared for unforeseen circumstances. We will be trying our best to make arrangements. We expect riders to co-operate for the same.