ART OF ITALICUS APERITIVO CHALLENGE 2018
A chance to become the “Bar Artist of the Year”
Art comes in different forms: music, fashion, design, craftsmanship, literature, gastronomy, paint, Italicus encapsulates them all, as its main aim is to innovate with excellence and uniqueness.
Art of ITALICUS Aperitivo Challenge will therefore encourage the development of art's liquid expression: cocktails.
The competitors, as liquid artists, will have a chance to make a mark, by crafting the ultimate art inspired Aperitivo experience. The Art of ITALICUS Aperitivo Challenge will spark bartenders to be brave and innovative, because creativity takes courage.
There will be a Scandinavian qualification where each country (Sweden, Norway & Denmark) will have a national competition.
A jury will select the best applied creations that will go thru to the next round.
Finalists will compete against each other by preparing and serving their cocktails in front of a
panel of expert local judges featuring well-known bartenders and drinks commentators.
More information about
the location and time of the national competitions will follow.
After that the two best competitors from each country will selected to a Scandinavian final, where the winner will compete in the Global final in Milan, November 2018.
The winning bartender will be awarded as “The World’s Bar Artist of the Year”
And will be invited to participate in a workshop in London with Erik Lorincz and Declan McGurk
at American Bar at Savoy
The competition starts April 4th and you can apply until the 4th of May
Bartenders will have to submit in their application the following information’s:
• Bartender’s details (Full Name, Bar, E-mail, Phone number)
• Picture of the Cocktail
Send your application with the information to the following e-mail address and put Italicus Challenge in the subject field:
● Competitors agree to showcase their recipes during a live competition in front of judges
● The drink should be an original recipe which has never been entered in any other
● ITALICUS and its distributors reserve the right to use the cocktail recipe created for any heat
of the tournament in its publications and marketing materials during and following
conclusion of the competition
● Bartenders agree to be photographed, recorded, and featured in real time during the event
through Italicus and other digital media channels. Italicus and other media have the right to
utilize images and understand that they may be used in future marketing materials
● Each cocktail needs to be inspired by any form of Art, following the Aperitivo Style; with a
maximum of 5 ingredients, one of which needs to be ITALICUS
● All the cocktails recipes must include at least 30ml (3cl or 1oz) of ITALICUS
● The recipe should be expressed with measurements as well as garnish, glassware and overall
presentation to fulfill the brief of Aperitivo Cocktail, inspired by any form of Art. Participants
are welcome to suggest a food pairing with their submitted cocktail recipe
● Competitors will have 5 minutes to create their cocktails and explain the “cocktail concept”
● It is prohibited to present a cocktail with names that are considered vulgar, offensive, or
sexual in nature or with words associated with narcotics or other illegal substances. Other
names that will not be permitted include those that are degrading towards people,
organizations, political affiliations, ethnic and/or religious groups
● The criteria of how each cocktail be judged: precision of serve (10 points), taste (10 points),
presentation skills (10 points)
● The final decision from the judges is exclusively theirs and is non-negotiable
● ITALICUS is committed to promoting its products in a responsible manner: please drink
responsibly, don’t drink and drive
● Participants considered by the organizers to be practicing or promoting any form of
irresponsible drinking will be disqualified
● Anybody working for ITALICUS in any way (e.g. BAs) will not be eligible to participate in the