ANYTHING GOES summer musical auditions:
May 13 & 14 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Callbacks May 15 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Rehearsals begin June 4
Music and Lyrics by Cole Porter
Book by Guy Bolton, P. G. Wodehouse, Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse
Music, dance, laughs, and the age-old tale of Boy Meets Girl
August 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10 & 11 at 7:30 pm;
August 5 & 12 at 2:00 pm
PREVIEW NIGHT: Wednesday, August 1 at 7:30 pm
TICKETS: $13, $18 & $20. Tickets can be purchased online at the "PURCHASE TICKETS" button at the top of this web page or at Rechek's Food Pride in Beaver Dam. NOT YET ON SALE
Anything Goes is classic American musical material. It’s fast-paced, filled with corny humor, tap dancing passengers, disguises, love triangles and most of all, fabulous Cole Porter songs that will keep you humming for days. BE A PART OF THIS BDACT SUMMER PRODUCTION. IT’S SURE TO BE A CROWD PLEASER.
The Story of Anything Goes as described by broadway.com
Set aboard the ocean liner S. S. American, nightclub singer/evangelist Reno Sweeney is en route from New York to England. Her pal Billy Crocker has stowed away to be near his love, Hope Harcourt, but the problem is Hope is engaged to the wealthy Lord Evelyn Oakleigh. Joining this love triangle on board the luxury liner are Public Enemy #13, Moonface Martin and his sidekick-in-crime Bonnie/Erma. With the help of some elaborate disguises, tap-dancing sailors and good old-fashioned blackmail, Reno and Martin join forces to help Billy in his quest to win Hope’s heart.
The cast ofAnything Goes:
• Billy Crocker — a young Wall Street broker in love with Hope.
• Reno Sweeney — An evangelist turned nightclub singer and an old friend of Billy's.
• Hope Harcourt — An American debutante and the object of Billy's affection.
• Moonface Martin — a second-rate gangster, "Public Enemy Number 13"
• Lord Evelyn Oakleigh — Hope's wealthy and stuffy English fiancé
• Mrs. Evangeline Harcourt — Hope's haughty and overbearing mother
• Bonnie/Erma — Moonface's girlfriend (1934 original), Snakeye's girlfriend and Moonface's friend (2011 revival)
• Elisha J. Whitney — Ivy league Wall Street banker, Billy's boss.
• Reno's Angels (Purity, Chastity, Charity and Virtue). (1934 original and 1962 revival / 2002 concert and 2011 revival) - Reno's back up singers.
• Ching and Ling ("Luke" and "John" in the 1987 revival and 2002 concert) — Two Chinese 'Converts' and reformed gamblers who accompany Bishop Henry T. Dobson
• Captain, Steward, Purser on the ship
• The Right Reverend, Bishop Henry T. Dobson
• Ships crew, Passengers, Reporters, Photographers and F.B.I. Agents
QUESTIONS: Contact Diane Lutz, director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or
presented by arrangement with TAMS-WITMARK MUSIC LIBRARY, INC.
560 Lexington Avenue, New York, New York 10022