In celebration of the Smithsonian traveling exhibit The Way We Worked coming to Subette County, we will eat, walk, and enjoy art around town as we make our way to view The Big Piney Library's The Way We Worked in Sublette County exhibit of historic photos chronicling our own place in American work history.
- Meet at the Bank of the West in Big Piney (440 Budd Ave.) at 6 pm for a dessert reception while viewing artwork displayed by Ted Jess and Big Piney school students.
- Then stroll to the Big Piney Rec Center where artwork from local artists Sharon Schell, Ruth Rawhouser, Kay Meeks, Richard Burke, and McKenzi Davison will be displayed.
- Adventure onward to Big Piney Town Hall for artwork collected from our community over the years.
- The next stop is the Green River Valley Museum where we will have a quick tour through the museum.
- The final stop at the Big Piney Library is where we will conclude with an hors d’oeuvres reception while enjoying our mini The Way We Worked in Sublette County exhibit. Also on display will be a "When I Grow Up" themed collection of drawings and sound recordings contributed by our elementary aged kids and "1930 Big Piney in Legos," a lego model of Big Piney made by area teens and tweens.
Participants should wear appropriate footwear and dress to be comfortable outside for the walk.