6:00pm - Burgers and Drinks
(Donated by Upstream Brewery)
6:30pm - Officer Joel Strominger - Omaha Police Department - Safety and Cycling
- A bike rider himself, Ofcr Strominger knows what keeps us safe while riding bikes. He will share the city's suggestions and regulations for riding bikes around the metro area.
7:00pm - Michael Helgerson - Metro Area Planning Agency (MAPA) - Connecting East and West Omaha
- Michael is the Director of MAPA and is working with advocates in the city to create the Bike Network, a system of existing connections through the city to connect East and West Omaha. Michael will present Bike Network 2.0 which focuses on the neighborhoods and destinations west of the Big Papio Trail.
We will also have the following participants:
- City of Omaha Planning Department
- City of Omaha Parks and Recreation
- Eastern Nebraska Trails Network
- Nebraska Bicycling Alliance
- Nebraska Interscholastic Cycling Series (NICS)
- Omaha Pedalers Bicycle Club
- Papio-Missouri River Natural Resources District (NRD)
- Trails Have Our Respect (THOR)
- Wear Yellow Nebraska