Our Free Instructional Pack Walks are usually only available to our clients but we are now opening them up to the public again, by popular demand, every 1st Saturday of the month.
This is a walk to help you learn proper leash manners and walk on a loose leash with your dog calmly following, focused on you instead of all the distractions of the real world. Our experienced pack leaders are there to guide you through the process.
We meet in Bixby Park at the corner of Ocean and Junipero at 10am. Walk lasts about an hour.
The walk is free but donations are accepted.
- Arrive on time please. Parking can be tricky around the park, so plan accordingly.
- Try to keep your dog calm (we'll help you if needed). Putting them in a sit next to you to helps.
- Do not introduce dogs to each other as some of them are still in training. Keep space between dogs (about 10ft).
- No talk, no touch, no eye contact with other's dogs as some of them are still in training.
- Use your best judgement on whether you should use a muzzle or any other tool. If you're unsure and want to ask me, I'd say go ahead and use it.
- Enjoy the empowerment you'll feel as you take a leadership role with your pup and relish in the balanced relationship you are creating with your best friend! They'll thank you for it!
Yoga on the bluff starts at 11am across the street and is a great exercise for keeping your mind and body in balance. We encourage you to try it out and practice keeping your dog calm during. It should be easier after draining the energy on the walk.
Attend at your own risk. This event will be held in public and Trots Dogs cannot not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury at the event.