A skilled presenter knows that confidence is in the core of every good presentation. At our meeting you will have the chance to hear speeches by our members who train their presentational skills. There will be an impromptu session provided for those brave enough to meet their confidence limits.
Entry is 100% free (0 BGN), so there's no reason NOT to try. :)
We'll be waiting for you!
The event is held in English.
Purpose of Toastmasters
Toastmasters is an international organization that provides an opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills in a structured environment that is friendly and supportive.
We follow a “learn-by-doing” workshop format in which you will develop your skill and confidence by speaking regularly in a comfortable atmosphere.
As members of this organization, you will:
- Build speaking and leadership skills with time-tested methods
- Focus on areas of interest in our self-paced curriculum
- Receive suggestions for improvement through constructive evaluations
A typical Toastmasters Meeting
1. Call Meeting to Order: Our Club President opens the meeting and introduces the Toastmaster of the Evening.
2. Introduction of Guests: The President will ask you to introduce yourself. At the end of the meeting you have an opportunity to comment.
3. Introduction of Today’s Toastmaster: A Toastmaster is assigned for each meeting to coordinate the meeting activities and agenda.
4. Introduction of Evaluators: These rotate weekly among all members of the club, and include the Timer, Ah-Counter, Grammarian, and General Evaluator. Each will explain their roles.
5. Prepared Speeches: Two or three prepared speeches are presented by members. Speeches follow guidance described in the Toastmasters Competent Communication Manual or, in the case of more experienced members, one of the Advanced Manuals that focus on specific types of speeches and presentations.
6. Table Topics: Members may be asked to give a one to two minute impromptu talk on a given subject. Guests are sometimes invited to participate, but only with your consent.
7. General Evaluator: The member designated as the General Evaluator evaluates the entire meeting at the end.
8. Presentation of Awards: Each member votes for whom they thought gave the best presentation for the Prepared Speeches and Table Topics participants.
9.Closing of Meeting: Control of the meeting is returned to the President, who will ask you, as a guest, to share any comments you may have with us.
Here is what to expect from a Toastmasters meeting
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development with 313,000 members worldwide. Members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 14,650 clubs in 126 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations.
The world needs leaders. Leaders head families, coach teams, run businesses and mentor others. These leaders must not only accomplish, they must communicate. By regularly giving speeches, gaining feedback, leading teams and guiding others to achieve their goals in a supportive atmosphere, leaders emerge from the Toastmasters program.
Every Toastmasters journey begins with a single speech. During their journey, they learn to tell their stories. They listen and answer. They plan and lead. They give feedback—and accept it. Through our community of learners, they find their path to leadership.
Как да стигнем до мястото пеша в 4 стъпки:
1. От заведението Петното: излизате на бул. Шести септември и поглеждате наляво (или от сградата на съда: пресичате булеварда и поглеждате надясно)
2. Като повървите 10 метра ще видите банка, подминавате я;
3. Веднага след банката прозрачната врата на Легис Център Ви очаква :) а на етаж 3 офис 3,6 В се провеждат срещите на Biz Biz Labs Toastmasters Club