On Saturday, April 21, we are holding a free community event to inspire kids to keep their minds and bodies active at the annual YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day®, the Y’s national initiative to improve health and well-being for kids and families. Healthy Kids Day is an opportunity to ignite children’s imaginations so that they can imagine what they’ll accomplish this summer.
Our Healthy Kids Day main event will take place from 2 - 5 pm at our facility right off of University Avenue, but we'll have free activities available all day long. Check out our schedule:
9 - 11:30 am
- Family Fitness featuring 30 minute sessions of Zumba, Cardio, Yoga, and Kickboxing. Come for one session or stay for all!
10 - 10:45 am
-Youth Cheerleading Clinic (Kindergarten - 6th Grade)
- Youth Agility Camp (4th - 8th Grade)
11:30 am - 1:30 pm:
- Family Swim & Swim Assessments (Whether you're interested in basic water safety or competitive swimming, our Y certified coaches and instructors are here to help. Our staff will evaluate your child's swimming ability, answer your questions and provide feedback for enrolling in group lessons or our competitive swim team.)
11 - 11:45 am
- Youth Tumbling/Stunts (Kindergarten - 6th Grade)
Noon - 12:45 pm
- Youth Basketball (Kindergarten - 6th Grade)
1 - 1:45 pm
- Taekwondo clinic
2 - 5 pm:
The event features activities such as demonstrations and performances, games, healthy cooking lessons, arts and crafts, and especially this year, STEM activities, to encourage kids to keep moving and learning all summer long.
Help us awaken summer imagination with a kick off to summer and all the fun youth programs happening at the Y.
Thank you to some of our Event Partners:
Macaroni Kid Cedar Falls-Waterloo, Hartman Reserve Nature Center, Cedar Valley Art and Wine, Grout Museum District, Cedar Valley Readers, Backyard Ninja Kids, Natural Grocers, Green Iowa AmeriCorps, Dean of Juggling, Northeast Iowa Food Bank