Open data is freely available, modifiable data that you can share for any purpose.
It has the power to:
• improve the government by increasing transparency;
• empower citizens by enabling more informed decision making;
• create new business and career opportunities;
• solve big public problems through access to new forms of data-driven assessment.
• Defining and Identifying Open Data: Saturday, May 5 | 12 - 1PM
• Locating and Using Open Data: Saturday, May 12 | 12 - 1PM
• Telling a Story with Open Data*: Saturday, May 19 | 12 - 1PM
• Answering Real-World Questions: Saturday, May 26 | 12 - 1PM
Each class builds on the previous one; attending all four is recommended.
*A free Google account is required for the exercises in the Week 3 presentation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, OR TO REGISTER, PLEASE VISIT BLANCHARDLIBRARY.ORG/OPENDATA