This will be a two day cowboy dressage clinic taught by Babs Hamilton on June 16th/17th weekend.
It will be hosted at Heroncrest stables which has since a great setup with an indoor arena, outdoor arena, classroom, stalling and parking areas! Thanks Diane Bayer!!
The clinic is limited to just 10 participants! Clinic cost is $120/day ($240 for the clinic). The clinic would run from approximately 9am-4pm both days. Auditors $25/day or two days for $40.
Lunch is included both day!
Stabling cost $20/day bring your own shavings and hay! (Stabling isn't a requirement for the clinic, but optional if you would like one! You are welcome to tie to your trailer during the day and haul in/haul out daily).
What Will We Be Learning???
There is so much you can learn about and from Cowboy Dressage that it is hard to fit into just two days!
But with Cowboy Dressage’s approach to training, it is laid out quite simple and everyone can progress at their own pace. There is no requirement to compete against the person next to you. The competition lies within yourself.
What you will learn and do at this clinic is already a step in the right direction.
What you do TODAY will be an improvement of what you did YESTERDAY and will prepare you for what is expected TOMORROW…and that is, reaching a true harmonious partnership with your horse that includes respect, understanding and the ultimate goal of true Soft Feel (the guiding principle behind Cowboy Dressage).
At the completion of this clinic, you will have a better understanding of the following:
1. Cowboy Dressage…the philosophy/mission/vision/handshake
2. Tack and dress requirements
3. Groundwork to help you navigate/improve your presence on the courts
4. The Cowboy Dressage Courts
• Court Set Up
• Partnership Court
• Challenge Court
• Regular Court
• Conduct on the courts
5. The Cowboy Dressage Tests
• the different gaits required
• importance of balance & straightness
• riding the 10 M & 20 M circles
• calling tests
• understanding the scoring process
6. You will do the Partnership Test (on ground and under saddle) and be provided feedback
7. You will practise and ride the Challenge Tests and be provided feedback
If you are interested in attending please let me know!