SoFlo KBF & Robwill are proud to present this years Peacock Bash at the Lagoon! This year, we will simultaneously run a freshwater Catch, Photo, Release & Calcutta(Live weigh-in for those who have a live well).
This is the Freshwater Peacock only Tourney!
Toruney Fee is $40 per anlger, with an additional $20 for the Calcutta.
Toruney will run from 7:00 a.m. on Saturday June 9th - 3pm. Blue Lagoon will be the main body of water. Also each angler is able to use any public waterway in Miami.
Breakdown of the official tournament rules:
*Permitted Fishing Vessels: Only human powered vessels such as kayaks and paddle boards are allowed. No motors of any kind are permitted. No wade fishing or shore fishing is permitted. No motorized water vehicle can be used to transport your kayak/paddleboard. All vessels are subject to inspection and comparison with photos at the weight-in to verify authenticity of catches. Kayak/paddleboard needs to be visible in picture.
Permitted Fishing Locations: Blue Lagoon and public waterways and lakes of the Miami-Dade area are allowed. All anglers must use public accessible areas on waters accessible to the general public. Fishing in private waters or prohibited/closed areas to fishing will result in disqualification. Keep in mind location and check-in times.
* PFD must be worn or submissions will be disqualified.
* Artificial Lures and Live Bait allowed!
* Scoring: SoFlo KBF events uses CATCH-PHOTO-RELEASE scoring determined by the length of each fish combined. Peacock bass will be the only scoring fish for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Closed mouth and natural lay (no pinched tail).
Store purchased measuring device. Identifier will be in released day before the tournament. In the event of a tie, times of pic submitted is deciding factor.
* Check-in: Check-in will begin at 2PM Saturday June 9th at (Location to be determined). All anglers must check in with their photos (Point and shoot cameras are preferred but cell phones are allowed) and CPR tokens by 3 PM and be in line to be eligible for fishing tournament prizes. All submissions should be texted at a given phone number (Details should be explained during welcome video) to allow for easy scoring. Submission text should go as: Angler’s name, time of submission, length of fish, picture is highly recommended but not required.
Digital Photography: Anglers may only use digital cameras for recording of fish. Anglers must show tournament organizer at the “check-in” for scoring. In scoring of photos, the angler’s kayak/canoe must be displayed in all submitted photos.
Live Weigh in/ Calcutta will be judged by total weight of their biggest catch. Fish must come into weigh in live and unharmed.
(Live weigh in location to Be Determined)
Protests: All protests should be made in writing no later than one (1) hour after the close of the tournament which is 3 PM. Any angler that places the Kayak Fishing Warfare tournament may be required to submit a polygraph test. All anglers agree that tournament committee decisions are final.
Disqualifications: Any angler may be disqualified for cause such as conduct, sportsmanship, or any incident or action deemed inappropriate by the tournament committee occurring during the “official tournament time”. The tournament committee reserves the right to ban entry into the SoFlo KBF tournament by any angler that has been previously disqualified or previously protested in any event, not only the SoFlo KBF Peacock Bass Tournament. Anglers agree that all tournament committee decisions are final.
* ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE PARTICIPATING AT THEIR OWN RISK!
More information to come about Captains Meeting the Friday before! (TBD)
Each angler much register and pay the $40 entry fee paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Peacock Bash