8-week Level 1 Baby Sign Language class in Holland, which will meet every Monday 10:45-11:45, April 16 to June 11 (no class Memorial Day). See below for more details!
WHY TAKE A BABY SIGN LANGUAGE CLASS?
• Communicate With Your Child Earlier: Children can start intentionally signing at 8-11 months – much earlier than talking! Learn what your child wants to eat, what they want to read, when they want to sleep and how they want to play!
• Intelligence Benefits: Studies show that babies who learned to sign have a higher IQ by 12 points in elementary school, plus they maintain attention & remember information better.
• Verbal Language Benefits: Research show that babies who were taught to sign had longer oral sentences and a higher vocabulary at age 2.
• Literacy Benefits: The area of the brain used for understanding symbols is activated when learning signs, increasing children’s reading and spelling skills.
• Benefits for Parents, Too! Parents who sign with their babies have been shown in studies to be less stressed, have a deeper connection to their toddlers and respond more easily to their children when they are upset.
WHAT DOES THE CLASS LOOK LIKE?
Learn 150+ American Sign Language signs from a certified pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist in weekly themes, including functional core signs, animals, emotions, family, playtime, bedtime and opposites. We practice signs while:
• singing songs
• reading books
• moving to music
• playing with fun sensory toys including a parachute, bubblemaker, shakers & scarves
• children engage with peers
• parents chat with fellow parents
• learning strategies support speech, language, feeding, positive behavior + literacy development
• Parking: Plenty of lot + street parking
• Register at http://www.high5communicationresources.com/class-registration.html
• Cost: $125 for 8-week class, including a full-color curriculum book with a download of songs to practice your signs with! Includes class attendance for 1 child and 1-2 adults. $60 for an additional child age 3 years or under (when attending the class with another child that has paid the full registration cost and the SAME adult). If you have an older child you would like to bring to the class, please contact Emily to determine if this is an appropriate fit.
Fine print: Space in the Level 1 Baby Sign Language Class is limited so everybody gets the attention they deserve. There is also a minimum of 4 families required to run this series. If you have registered and the minimum is not reached, you will be contacted prior to the start of the class to inform you of the cancellation.