May 2 — Wednesday Night Drags - Street Legal Style is open to anyone who wants to run BIR's world-class drag strip. All you need is a street-legal car, $25 and a helmet. Run the track as many times as you want until dusk.
Wednesday Night Drags Rules
• All vehicles must be a street-legal car, truck, or motorcycle that is currently registered for street use.
• Helmets are required for all racers. Helmets must be rated SNELL 2005 or newer.
• All drivers must have a valid driver’s license and must be 16 years old to race. Drivers who are 16 and 17 years old must have a waiver signed at the front gate by parent(s) and must be accompanied by a parent.
• Drivers cannot wear shorts, nylon wind pants or tank tops. No bare legs or bare torsos permitted while racing.
• Cars cannot be faster than 14.99 seconds in the quarter mile with a passenger. All passengers must be 16 years or older. If they’re under 18, they must have a parent consent form that’s signed at the front gate.
• Quarter-mile elapsed times that are quicker than 11.49 seconds require specialized racing equipment or licenses. If you suspect that you may be going faster then 11.49 seconds, please consult the NHRA rule book, NHRA Tech Dept.
Cars and Trucks
• Exhaust must be routed through street legal muffler(s).
• Street legal treaded tires are required both front and rear with a visible DOT stamp. Tires will be inspected for overall condition. (Bare cords will not be permitted.)
• A radiator overflow catch can of at least 16oz is required for all vehicles and must be securely mounted.
• Batteries must be secured per OEM (manufacturer’s supplied tie down), or with a minimum 2-3/8 inch diameter bolts. No bungee straps or cords will be accepted.
• Vehicles must have working seat belts securely fastened to the frame or floor, or with factory mounting.
• Nitrous oxide bottles must be stamped to meet DOT 1,800 lbs. standards and must be securely mounted and vented to the outside of drivers compartment.
• Motorcycles must be registered for street use with front and rear brakes, chain guards, and mandatory snap-back throttle.
• An ignition cut-off switch must be attached to the rider with a lanyard or similar device.
• Leather jacket, gloves, and above-the-ankle shoes are mandatory for all riders.
• A full leather suit is required for all riders surpassing 120 mph, meeting SFI Spec stated in the 2009 NHRA Rule Book.
• Riders surpassing 9.90 seconds must have a valid NHRA competition license.
• SNELL 2005 or newer helmet is mandatory for all racers.
Participant Entry – $25
Spectator Entry – $5
Note: Cash & checks only.