Basic training classes are offered to dogs over 7 months old to help prepare your new or existing dog to become a well-trained member of the family. Basic manners, from walking on a leash to coming when called are important skills for your dog to learn and retain. Whether you adopted a new dog or want a refresher for your family pet, this class provides the foundation for a well-mannered pet. We are focused on fun and positive reinforcement which is the foundation of our training.
• Canine breed specific information
• Basic manners: greeting strangers, door manners, etc.
• Name Game
• Watch me
• Leave it
• Take it
• Walking without pulling
Classes will be 4 weeks long with sessions twice a week on dates set within contract.
What to bring:
• Any and all family members participating in training
• Treats (low fat is recommended)
• Buckle or snap collar (no harnesses unless medically required, NO choke, shock or pinch collars)
• Gentle leader for walking, if needed
• Leash with 4 or 6 feet long (NO retractable leashes allowed)
• Vaccine records (if not a client of Valley View Pet Hospital)
• Wednesday 4/4/18: 7-8:15pm
• Saturday 4/7/18: 11-12:15pm
• Wednesday 4/11/18: 7-8:15pm
• Saturday 4/14/18: 11-12:15pm
• Wednesday 4/18/18: 7-8:15pm
• Saturday 4/21/18: 11-12:15pm
• Wednesday 4/25/18: 7-8:15pm
• Saturday 4/28/18: 11-12:15pm