Get up-close-and-personal with award-winning authors, special guests and hand-selected books at the Canterbury School Spring Book Fair!
Hosted annually, the Spring Book Fair is a marketplace of books and fine art. It offers thousands of titles for readers, ages 2 through adult – each one chosen specifically by parent volunteers, school librarians and teachers. You can also find original artwork from favorite local artists and some of Indiana's premier authors of young adult fiction.
•Who: Any and all book and fine art lovers
•Where: Canterbury Lower School, 5601 Covington Road
•When: April 17 – 19, 2018
•Time: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., daily
•Cost: FREE to attend; book and art prices vary
This event is open to ALL book and fine art lovers, and we hope to see you there! All proceeds will support the Canterbury School Libraries.
This year's full schedule of events includes:
TUESDAY, APRIL 17
• 8:30 a.m.: Matthew Weigelt, Author, Finding Your Character
• 9 a.m.: Matthew Weigelt, Author, Finding Your Character
• 9:30 a.m.: Tammy Robertson, Author, "Konnichiwa & Hello"
• 10 a.m.: Levi Fox, Author, "Lost in Lawrenceville"
• 10:30 a.m.: Levi Fox, Author, "Lost in Lawrenceville"
• 11 a.m.: Vicki Junk-Wright, Artist, Mindfulness and the Power of Art Making
• 12:30 p.m.: John Baumgartner, Author, Creating Quirky Characters
• 1 p.m.: Penny French-Deal, Artist & Illustrator, "Eugenia's Special Day at Honeywell House"
• 1:30 p.m.: Janet Lynch, Artist, Biography in a Bag
• 2 p.m.: Julie Perkins, Author, "Lyla Grace has Manners! Do You?"
• 2:30 p.m.: Julie Perkins, Author, "Lyla Grace has Manners! Do You?"
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18
• 8:30 a.m.: Fort Wayne Ballet dancers, Art in Motion
• 9 a.m.: Fort Wayne Ballet dancers, Art in Motion
• 10 a.m.: Ted King, Science Teacher, Watching Science in Motion
• 10:30 a.m.: Patricia, Educator, and Derek Reeves, Violinist, Exploring String Instruments and Their Books
• 11 a.m.: Laura Semba, Educator, Traditional Japanese Toys
• 1 p.m.: Holly Niner, Author, "No More Noisy Nights"
• 1:30 p.m.: Holly Niner, Author, "The Day I Ran Away"
• 2 p.m.: Kathy Smart, Author, "Melvin"
• 2:30 p.m.: Blake Sebring, Author & Sports Journalist, How to Begin Your Book
THURSDAY, APRIL 19
• 8:30 a.m.: Maria Kirkland, Educator, Art and Inspiration
• 9 a.m.: Kathy Smart, Author, "Henry Goes Fishing"
• 9:30 a.m.: Colleen Coble, Author, Story Conflict
• 10 a.m.: Sara Drury, Potter, Ceramics: From Clay to Kiln
• 10:30 a.m.: Sara Drury, Potter, Ceramics: From Clay to Kiln
• 11 a.m.: Carol Butler, Author, "Genois Wilson, Firefighter: She Dared to be First"
• 12:30 p.m.: Lower School Young Authors share their stories
• 1 p.m.: Ardis Behrendt with Sassy the Therapy Dog
• 1:30 p.m.: Katie Hesterman, Author, "A Round of Robins"
• 2 p.m.: Katie Hesterman, Author, "A Round of Robins"
• 2:30 p.m.: Bonnie Manning, Author & Crafter, Bead-making and Craft Books