Music Business & Marketing Lecture – Wed., April 11, 3:30 p.m.
The workshop, presented by Baltimore musician, producer and songwriter Athena Hiotis, will cover booking shows, promoting, visual/audio presentation, online marketing, contracts, record labels and much more. PNC Rehearsal Hall (T404). Free admission!
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Difference between pay-to-play, ticket sales
- How to approach and treat bands, venues and booking agents
- Roles of promoters, booking agents and bands
- How do I tour?
- Taking care of instruments
- How you look and sound represents you: why you shouldn’t cut corners at your expense
- Importance of good design
- Importance of high quality, appropriate recording
- Webpage and Social Media platforms
YOUR MUSIC IS A BUSINESS
- To LLC or to not LLC?
- Contracts: band member agreements, release forms
- Difference between getting paid as a performer and as a songwriter (Performing Rights Organizations)
- Why you shouldn’t write off genres you don’t like
- How record labels work
- Digital vs Guerrilla Style
Each attendee will receive a resource sheet with contact information, FAQs and information about all topics covered.