CCAD 24 Hour Animation Contest Official Rules
1) Students must have a team of 3 to 5 people in order to participate. They must select a Team Captain and a team name. Be sure the team name is not offensive to others (no swear words, disparaging language, etc.).
2) Team Captains must enter the required information into the official Google Sheets registration document (link available in the “Tickets” section on this page). The Team Captain will receive emails on behalf of their team and is responsible for sharing this information with their team members.
3) The theme for this year’s contest will be announced live in Kinney Hall room 308 at 6:30 PM on Friday, April 13th. The theme will also be posted on the CCAD 24 Hour Animation Facebook page.
4) Teams will have exactly 24 hours to complete a 30-second animated film based on the theme given. A 3 second title card must be placed at the beginning of each movie stating ONLY the team’s name and film’s title. Final file for submission should be 33 seconds (3 second title card + 30 second film). Please DO NOT include team member names anywhere in the title card or film. NO SUBMISSIONS LONGER/SHORTER THAN 33 SECONDS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
5) A link to the film must be emailed to Bekah Nunn (RNunn.firstname.lastname@example.org). NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED - no exceptions for technical difficulties :(
6) DO NOT POST/SHARE FILMS PUBLICLY until judging has concluded and winners have been announced.
7) Films will be judged by a panel of CCAD instructors and faculty members based on:
- Storytelling (10 points)
- Art Direction/Animation (10 points)
- Creativity/Interpretation of Theme (10 points)
-Level of Completion (10 points)
8) Winners and rankings will be shared via email with all participants. THE FOLLOWING DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: The winners will be announced on Facebook on Wednesday, April 18th at 12:00 PM. Prizes will be available in Bekah Nunn’s office (KH205) on May, 1st.