Register online at http://mypuredelivery.com/breastfeeding-basics-class
Join our Registered Nurse (RN) and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) for an informative and interactive class on breastfeeding. Taking a breastfeeding class prenatally will help prepare you to achieve a successful breastfeeding experience. During the class, we will discuss:
Advantages of breastfeeding
- Breast anatomy
- Proper latching technique
- How to position and hold your baby for a more comfortable breastfeeding experience
- How to establish a good milk supply
- How to know if your baby is getting enough to eat
- How partners can participate in the breastfeeding experience
- Breast pumps
- Breastfeeding resources and support groups
- How to address the challenges of breastfeeding
Attendants will receive:
- A Breastfeeding Parent Guide. A special code on the Parent Guide will allow you to access videos and information from home.
- Folder with important breastfeeding handouts
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
Mothers should take this class early in their third trimester and partners are encouraged to attend. Be sure to register early as our class size is extremely limited! This class is about 2.5 - 3 hours in length so please wear comfortable clothes.
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
3rd Floor Classroom (Come off of elevators and take a left towards "Labor & Delivery". Classroom is first door on left.
1401 Medical Parkway
Cedar park, Texas 78613