Inamojo™ is a nine week children’s wellbeing program for children ages 5 – 8 using the chakra system as a map weaving music and stories with mindful practices such as meditation, breath awareness, expressive movement, and art. The intention is to equip children with the life tools and life skills for lifelong wellbeing.
Peek inside a class and you will see the children wiping away dragon sneeze with feathers or moving like wolves. They may be creating art in a magic circle or reaching up like trees. The classes are playful, creative, and full of magic!
9 Week Program: Tuesdays 9 to 10 a.m. June 19, 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, August 14 & 21 (No class August 7)
Format: Story, Dance, Magic Circle Art, Discussion
Register through Leisure Services via mail, walk-in, fax, email, or drop box (after hours). Registration info can be found at: www.cityofdubuque.org. Cost: $90 ($10/kid/class)
Deadline to register is June 7, 2018
Call or text Lindsay at 563-212-2406 or email email@example.com with program questions.
Facilitated by Lindsay Bodenhofer
STRUCTURE OF 9 WEEK PROGRAM
• Introduction: Introducing the characters and storyline.
• Red class: Learning to trust instincts.
• Orange class: Coping with, and expressing, emotions.
• Yellow class: Explores self-esteem, confidence, courage.
• Green class: Addresses jealousy, compassion, love.
• Blue class: Effective communication, assertiveness.
• Indigo class: Imagination, dreams, and goals.
• Violet class: Self-awareness, thinking, meta-cognition.
• Integration: Revisits key elements of the program.
The children will bring home a newsletter from each class setting forth the key themes from the story and topics of discussion for the week.
For more information, please go to www.inamojo.com to download a free sample of the program.