A celebration of the mysterious, magical, medicinal and mouthwatering marvel- MUSHROOMS! Check out FREE FOOD, Mushroom Market and panel discussion with experts speaking on their work with the creative edible, beneficial, and ritual use of mushrooms. Presenters include: Megan Jones of Host Defense, Chef Douglas Andrae, mycologist Charlie Aller from Mush Luv, and theologian Ian F. Wesley. Tickets are $10 advance / $12 door. Doors at 5pm, presentations begin at 7pm.
Organized by Richmond Moon Market and sponsored by Champion Brewing Company - RVA, Rudy's Exotic Mushrooms and Produce, Meadow Acre Gardens, Vegan Action, and Party Liberation Foundation.
FREE FOOD! - Animal friends at Vegan Action and the folks from Champion Brewing Company RVA's newly open kitchen will be teaming up to bring out tasty specials featuring beautiful mushrooms from Rudy's Exotic Mushrooms and Produce, and greens from Meadow Acre Gardens. Free plant-based bites will be available till supplies last so get tickets now and come early to check out the Mushroom Market.
PANEL PRESENTATIONS AND Q & A - Open presentation, panel and Q and A with experts sponsored by Party Liberation Foundation featuring:
-Megan Jones - the Eastern Regional Territory Manager for Host Defense / Fungi Perfecti, a beneficial mushroom supplement company built on Dr. Paul Stamet's visionary research into the power and potential of mushrooms. Jones will speak on the beneficial use of mushrooms for our health and wellbeing
- Douglas Andrae - Chef and creator of Protection pop-up, musician, adventurer, and creative. Andrae will speak on the creative and culinary use of mushrooms.
- Charlie Aller - Cultivator of medicinal and gourmet mushrooms at Mush Luv and former AMI fellow. Teacher and foray guide Charlie Aller will speak on the cultivation of mushrooms.
- Ian F Wesley - Seminary-trained theologian and former Protestant minister known for his work in publishing and versed in the presence of entheogens and psychedelics in the bible. He is currently writing and researching the mushroom’s role in history, mythology, and biochemistry and the cultivation of mushrooms. Wesley will speak on ritual and religious use of mushrooms.
MUSHROOM MARKET: Check out community projects and vendors:
- Richmond Herbalism Guild (w/ Laura Baum of Laura's Botanicals LLC.) - RHG will focus their table for this event on the medicinal mushroom Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) and will offer information, mushroom broth kits for sale and details about membership.
- Mush Luv - Homegrown or local wild crafted medicinal mushroom products.
- Black Apron Soap - hand-crafted, eco-friendly, botanical bath products.
- Winged Roots Creations, llc - Natural hand crafted herbal goods and adornment.
- Butternut Press - Functional ceramics handmade in RVA
- Feral Blue - Mysterious, contemporary handmade jewelry. FB will also make a few classy mushroom themed pieces!
- Tasha McKelvey - Handmade Clay Goodness - Handmade small-scale pottery featuring woodland & garden themes (including mushrooms).
- Richmond Vegan Action - Working to eliminate animal suffering, reduce environmental impacts, and improve human health through a vegan diet. www.vegan.org
- Starfruit Sage- CBD & essential oil hand massages and Goddess Card readings.
- Thicket Design - Richmond VA based, husband and wife team that creates custom curio charts and decorative plates rooted in a naturalist perspective, scientific observations, and is designed and combined with a touch of oddity.